I have returned

Well, it's been several years away from blogging due to time pressure and the rise of instagram. I now find myself in a new country (Canada), my leadpile and hobby equipment locked up in a different country (UK), almost everything in my life has changed. I no longer have a ferret or a motorcycle, but I do have a very nice girlfriend who encouraged me to start painting again (and this blog) and a cat. I guess I'm not so solitary anymore.

If you are here from IG, welcome! If you have been following me around since 2011, welcome back and have yourself a big hug!



My first photo is my current painting setup. An army painter starter set, some D&D brushes, citadel water pot (they are great, serioulsy!) and mk2 figure holder (Pretty good but I kind of miss the mk1)... And cardboard garbage hobby station! It's about as functional as a manufactured hobby tray only it was free.

I will probably build a nicer one once I can buy things in dollar stores again (Toronto has been under a lot of well justified restrictions throughout the plague) but I have quite a bit of affection for this one at the moment.

2 people were instrumental in re-starting this blog. My very supportive girlfriend and fellow Canadian Allison M! After being trapped in Australia for an entire year, I arrived home (thanks to GF's tireless efforts) and received a welcome package of minis from Allison. I couldn't ignore this and here we are.


What will you find on this blog, formerly known as "Tiny solitary soldiers"?
  • Posts about what I'm painting
  • Solo gaming
  • 15mm Sci-fi minis, the best scale for sci fi! (I kid, but also I don't)
  • 28mm Frugal fantasy minis!
  • Observations about returning to painting
  • Tips on saving a few dollars as you navigate the hobby (eg:15mm sci fi)
  • Small press and indy rules
Have a great day, be excellent to each other, see you next time!

Comments

  1. Great to see you back, sorry to hear about Rufus...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to see you around again; missed your blog posts a lot. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to be back, thank you for your support!

      Delete
  3. I was wondering why your old blog suddenly got nukes/disappeared. Welcome back! I sometimes ruminate on where I'd start for paints if I had to make a brand new collection (for myself or someone else)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of wish I hadn't nuked it now, but it was riddled with spam. I chose Army painter warpaints largely because they are the cheapest and do the job reasonably well. The washes are great too!

      Delete
    2. At least it is backed up on the wayback machine. Isn't it possible to "un-nuke" it?

      Delete
    3. There is a time limit to revive it that has expired. I have a lot of the old photos though, maybe I will do sone throwback posts :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my god. It is like witnessing the return of the great mothership after aeons in space. I am very happy being able to finally tell you that you have changed the hobby for me. Tiny Solitary Soldiers got me into 15mm gaming and I dare to say that I have made quite a journey in this scale now. Thank you so much for the inspiration I drew from your work. I will surely watch this blog and steal at least half of your ideas - just like I did in the past. If you want to see the mess you have caused in my wargaming world, feel free to have a look here:

    https://15mmthroughspaceandtime.blogspot.com/

    Glad to have you back with us,

    Skully (consider me being a fanboy)

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa! Blog followed, I think you have surpassed me in several areas! So good to see 15mm scale being pushed so far! I am even more motivated to get going on some fresh stuff! Thank you for the warm welcome, I'm glad to be back!

      Delete
    2. "I think you have surpassed me in several areas!"

      I will print this out, frame it and put it on my hobby room wall! :D

      Delete
  5. Wait... you NUKED Tiny Solitary Soldiers??? Noooooooooooooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to see you back....followed your blog for years. I am in Bowmanville, Ontario myself. I would be honoured to connect sometime.

    http://darebearsminiemporium.blogspot.com/?m=1

    http://darebearsminiemporium.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , much appreciated! I've been looking at your perry and GZG stuff, exceptional!

      Delete

Post a Comment