Gothic trees




So I have a nice battle mat, some cool home made hills, what about woods? Miniature wargames woods are frequently rather fragile and shed bits of flock. I decided some years ago to avoid traditional trees and stick to something more durable.

For 15mm my solution was Toobz trees, which are solid plastic casts that are easy to repaint and look great to my eye. For my current 28mm project, I wanted something equally durable, but with more of a horror vibe.

I saw these Mantic produced "Gothic" trees by chance on a recent visit to Meeple Mart here in Toronto, they cost $20 CAD for 4 large trees and 2 stumps. Not exactly cheap, but worthy of an impulse purchase.

I based them on some cork trivet I got at the dollar store, finished with acrylic texture gel. A simple drybrush and some tufts completed the set.

They came out a little bit shiny, I'll hit them with  dullcote when I remember to pick some up.

Building and painting terrain is so low-stakes that I find it extremely relaxing. Great terrain makes for great games, so it's always time well spent.
 

Comments

  1. They’ve come out looking great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm trying hard not to over think this stuff!

      Delete

Post a Comment