Horror peasants


After building "enough" cultists, There were still a couple of frames of Frostgrave cultist plastic kit left. There is a lot of variety on the sprues, even including some skeleton parts. I decided to make some missile-armed foes (I didn't build any cultists with ranged weapons) and paint them up as unpleasant grungy brigands. Maybe cannibals. Probably cannibals.

As noted in the previous post, the Reaper bones black: Dreadmere mercenaries I had already painted were way too big to blend in alongside the cultist models, so it was time for a conversion.



It was off with his head and on with a cultist hooded head. Conveniently, this meant I had a spare head, which worked great on the base now that he looks like some kind of hillbilly executioner. The increased stature works well as a hulking boss type too. Something perhaps unnatural about it...

The crossbowman was meant to have more colors, but I liked him in all black, so just left it there. His skin is more pallid and has some purple undertones that have not shown up well in the photo. Maybe I should hit the face with another round of highlighting.



These thuggish types look extra thuggy because they have gnoll arms. Shhh! Another primarily brown color scheme made them very fast to get finished. Reminiscent of my buddy Justin's old Brettonian peasant regiment from 3rd edition Warhammer. I like the faces a lot, they really look like unpleasant rural bandits.

I have 3 melee-armed models ready to start, as soon as the base texture dries. Should be fun seeing how few colors I can get away with on them.

Comments

  1. Wow you managed to make these guys extraordinarily nasty looking! They're like some kind of grimy medieval version of one of those "nice people terrorized by insane hillbillies" movies :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! That's the exact vibe I was going for! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow... these look so gritty. Very GoT to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are real dirtbags, would be at home in the muddy backroads of Westeros!

      Delete
  3. Stunning. Everyone loves cannibals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even cannibals love cannibals. It's like a turducken.

      Delete

Post a Comment