Relicblade Questing Knight


A quick update- The new sculpt of Relicblade's questing knight. A very fast and enjoyable mini to paint, based around washes and working back over Army Painter Plate metal.

The tunic was done with skeleton bone, washed with AK interactive rust streak enamel wash. I splatted a little of this on the bedroll and around some joints also. Cleaned up with white spirit, then given a couple of highlights. Very satisfying!

Sean Sutter's digital sculpts are so paintable it's ridiculous. Similarly to the work of Mark Copplestone, each detail is simple and bold enough to easily get a brush onto, all combining to make an interesting and stylish model, without drowning in minutiae.

Coming up: Some Frostgrave plastic cultists and Mantic Gothic trees (I think I've almost got enough terrain for a game, so that's exciting too!) which are all painted up, but I haven't had a chance to photograph yet. 

Comments

  1. This looks great. Questing Knights are one of my most feared opponents, also. That Riposte thing makes them terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This model reignited my desire for Relicblade minis. I really liked the original cleric and rogue, but the questing knight left me a little cold. When I saw this new version I had to have it! (We should play this game next time I'm able to travel).

      Delete
  2. Awesome paintjob! I love the black and white of the tunic in combination with the dark metal tones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a real effort to keep away from mid-90's colorful palettes, but I'm persevering!

      Delete

Post a Comment