A Wight

Another of my first crop of Reaper Bones Black models. A nice sculpt, which came out a little drab and a lot too shiny. He was looking especially boring until I slung some sloppy OSL onto his eyes. It's not very noticeable from tabletop height because his head is tipped so far forward unfortunately.

The shine in these pics is way OTT, but you know what I always say: Perfect is the enemy of good.  This all sounds a bit downbeat, but I am quite pleased with the how the flesh on his hands and feet turned out. 

So another short post, I will make up for it with another cheapie terrain tutorial asap.

Comments

  1. Looks fab. I need to try my hand at eyes like that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not too difficult after a few attempts. Just remember the brightest bit is white!

      Delete
    2. Yup. If you don't put white in the centre, they won't "glow".

      I like this guy, he's super creepy and almost looks like he could somehow fit into Warhammer 40k... Just throw a few hoses and mechanical bits on.

      Delete
    3. It's cool sculpt and would fit right in with the churchy-looking John Blanche side of 40k.

      Delete
  2. Another great entry! I really like how those pale colours contrast with the bright eyes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment