Relicblade rogues

 

Here's a Lone guard infiltrator and rogue from my official favorite miniatures line: Relicblade.
Despite being quite finely detailed, they were very fast to paint. Firstly because the details in the sculpt are PERFECT. There is enough detail to be interesting and fun, but not so much that it becomes tedious or difficult to complete. It's astonishing how straightforward these minis are, while still having tremendous character and sense of dynamism.

The second reason is very limited color pallets. Even though black is a real pain to get right, it was relatively easy and fun because there wasn't a lot else to do once it was handled. Even the straps were done by just blending up to a light grey, then slapping on a thin purple ink glaze.

(typically, once the photo was taken I noticed a couple of errors that need fixing... But I have resolved to not delay posts for this reason or this whole enterprise will grind to a halt)

The Rogue was exactly as easy, because it's only purple, black, grey and a tiny bit of magenta on the flask.


I have several more Relicblade minis finished, but have struggled to get decent photos. Subconsciously I think, I didn't use any of my recent "dirty and dark" techniques on these character models and fell back to my usual style. More during the week!

Comments

  1. These two look like trouble, great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! The photos have betrayed a couple of bits to fix on the hand and the knife on his leg, but I'm very pleased with these models!

      Delete

Post a Comment