Warlock


One of the most impressive Reaper Bones: Black models I picked up is this evil wizard. I was going to use him as a necromancer, but now that malign pink magical energy has become a motif of this project, he's more of an evil warlock type. The horns kind of pushed in that direction.

The paintwork was a kind of halfway point between the rough and dirty look I've been struggling to achieve, and my normal somewhat 90's colorful style. 

I think what happens is that as soon as I start seeing cool details on a model I feel compelled to bring out the detail with great care... And the dirty look goes right out the window.

I REALLY LOVE how cheap Reaper bones models are. And in this case, more than happy with the detail and structural integrity. I have a few of the older Bones models now, and they are SO bendy by comparison. In general I don't really mind it, but I have avoided anything with a weapon, which always look comically bendy and limp. The Bones Black material is nicely rigid and holds sharper details.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I just noticed there are 4 glowy bits on this model, I think I got carried away! They do make useful focal points though.

      Delete
  2. Very well done. Never had the nerve to try that myself much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not especially difficult once you figure it out, but it does take a little nerve to get going. It's essentially backwards highlighting: White at the brightest point and then color outward onto raised surfaces.

      Delete

Post a Comment