15mm Cyberpunk

Well, it's been a looooooooong time between posts. The truth is I just haven't had the motivation. Blogging in these times sometimes feels like a lot of pressure and I deal with it by not posting. My apologies.

But while I have not been blogging, I have been hobby-ing pretty hard, thankfully. There are a few pics on my Instagram, but I have been busily scratch-building a 15mm scale modular terrain board that fits into a 12" space. Initially I was inspired by Zona Alfa, but veered off into a cyberpunk direction recently.

(Today's post mirrors my Instagram post, but I don't have the energy for different photos... So here they are):





They are a mix of Khurasan PHNE agents, post-apoc road outlaws and one armored trooper from the Earthdoom line.

All are of great quality and are some of my favorite sculpts from Khurasan. My only gripe is the mild variance in scale from different sculptors. I think in reality it's rarely an issue, but it's one of those things where if I know a particular model is a bit too small or large, it bothers me to a tiny degree. 
The truth is that once they are an inch or so apart you don't notice it.

Did I screw around with my ever-shifting goalpost solo skirmish rules? Of course. Did they get anywhere? Of course not, they changed into something else entirely. Again. Will I stop on this hunt for this questing beast of design? Never, probably.

Lastly, after we ran out of steam on the Strakfalt campaign, Justin and I hit upon a plan to play some games with the new Catalyst Battletech minis, namely: Alpha Strike. 

We have meticulously collected matching sets of minis and battle maps to play mirror-style, thus precluding the need for a webcam.
We have successfully played 2 learning games so far over facetime audio only, as the numbered hexes make duplicating model positions trivial. We roll our own dice and honestly report the results because we are grown-ass adults. It works great!

Our second learning game resulted in all mechs destroyed apart from my Battlemaster and Justin's Wolverine-K. Overheated and falling apart, they clashed in brutal HTH combat and simultaneously killed each other. It was glorious.

We set up a campaign and I have completed painting my company of  Team Banzai mercenaries. A post will follow when I have photographed all 12.

Until next time, stay safe everybody!

Comments

  1. That sounds like an awesome way to do battletech. Then you get to appreciate all your own painted minis! (or not). What is your instagram account name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Minis are fantastic as always! Would love to see more pics of the terrain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The painting is a little unfinished, will try to wrap it up soon!

      Delete
  3. As I mentioned elsewhere, these are great figures. But I really love the staging in this post. Can't believe how good this terrain looks! I'm very envious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I tried to paint more in your style for these, with stronger highlights than I normally attempt :)

      Delete
  4. Great work as usual SJ.
    Did those agents myself & as you say they're quite nice . Wish Khurasan would shift to 18mm though.... much better on the eyes & more detail.
    Keep it up... would be nice to see your latest version of the rules 😉😁😁.

    Thanks for sharing
    Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a huge Khurasan fan, but the only drawback to their diverse range is that the scale kind of jumps around all over the place. These are definitely in the true 15mm size (as the not-walking dead minis are in also). You might be happy to hear the new "Dark Dominion" cyberpunk range is definitely 18mm scale and looks great.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the info SJ.
      Khurasan does make great minis.
      The powered guys are described as big , perhaps 20mm or even 25mm tall? So the Jedi like humans are 18mm? Would be great to see a size comparison with say GZG minis.

      Z

      Delete
    3. Great ..another set in the looong list of wants.. sigh....
      😉

      Z

      Delete

Post a Comment